Sunday, April 11, 2010




The Winsor series, each letter is 12 x 12 inches, acrylic on canvas
$60.00 ea / 3 @ $150.00

I was feeling pretty exhausted at the end of last month and took some time to just relax in bed and do some new styles for the alphabet shoppe, I think that people are used to the "Classic" look of the alphabet block and I think doing something different would be fun. One of the world's greatest illustrators in a man named Winsor McCay, (you can wiki him yourself ) and these letters are a tribute to his fine sense of line and style.

We're going to be up to our eyeballs in new work over at "the mad craft shoppe", I hang my next show of paintings at the Cameron House on May 2nd, (the Opening Reception may be that day also, stay tuned) and have at least a dozen pieces to finish in the next three weeks so I will be unable to finish the whole alphabet this month, look for that sometime in May, but the above should give you an idea of the styles.

all the best,

A.Shay Hahn

madcraftshoppe@live.com



No comments: